This article contains the FAQs for the QB3000 Series Nutri Ninja® 2-in-1. This supports the following product SKUs QB3000, QB3000AQ, QB3000BK, QB3000C, QB3000Q, QB3000SS, QB3000SSC, QB3000SSW, QB3001SS, QB3004 and QB3005.
- For single serve mode: screw the blade assembly on tightly (make sure it is threaded on correctly), and place the Nutri Ninja cup with blade assembly upside down into the power pod (with green button facing down on the counter). Push down on the cup to activate. It is recommended to blend 30-45 seconds for the smoothest Super Juices, or until desired consistency is achieved. For food processing, pulsing a few times will help get the mixture started before blending continuously.
- For the food processor: place the geared lid (not to be confused with the storage lid) on top of the food processor bowl and make sure it"s secured tightly. (If even slightly askew, the pod will not work on top of the lid.) Then place the power pod on top of the geared lid (with the green button facing up). Then use the green button that says "pulse" to activate the unit.
- Is the power pod plugged in?
- Is the power pod seated correctly on top of the geared lid?
- Is the geared lid secured tightly on the bowl?
- Has anything leaked into the power pod (when using Nutri Ninja cup)?
- Have you overheated it? If so, let it cool down for 15 minutes before using again.
- For the best chop, pulsing is recommended.
- For food processing (chopping): pulse in short 1-second bursts for wet chopping (foods with high water content such as onions and tomatoes), and longer 2-3 second bursts for grating cheese or grinding meat.
- Use ice that fresh out of the freezer and which hasn't had time to melt.
- To crush ice into snow, use longer pulses instead of continuously blending.
- Do not try to crush ice into snow in the chopper or Nutri Ninja cup.
- Be sure that the blade assembly is screwed on correctly and tightly enough. If it is not threaded correctly onto the cup, then the cup may leak into the pod and it will not activate.
- Be sure not to grip the sides of the cup and push down to activate the Nutri Ninja cup. Always push straight down from the top, and remove it straight up once the blades have stopped turning.
- Do not activate or push down on the Nutri Ninja cup at a tilt. Always push straight down on the cup.
- To use the chopper, it must be placed within the 40 oz. bowl. The chopper tab must be aligned with, and facing the pour spout of the 40 oz. bowl. And the geared lid must be secured on tightly before the power pod is place on top of the lid.
- Power Pod: wipe down with a damp cloth, and then use a dry cloth to wipe off any extra moisture.
- Geared Lid: currently the geared lid is not dishwasher safe. It must not be submerged or immersed in water, only rinsed off or hand washed.
- All other components: The storage lid, sip&seal lids, bowls, cups, and blades are all dishwasher safe. Everything should be placed on the top rack of the dishwasher, except the jars (40 oz and 56 oz) which should be placed on the bottom rack.
- 16 oz cup or 40 oz. bowl: Squirt a small amount of dish soap into the cup or bowl with some water, and run for 30 seconds, then place in dishwasher.
- After making dough: We recommend you clean or soak everything (except power pod, and geared lid for now until it is dishwasher safe) immediately after making dough. Otherwise it will be much more difficult to clean later.
- Stains from carrots: If you process a lot of carrots in the jars, you may notice an orange stain. To remove the stain, take a cloth or paper towel dipped in vegetable oil and wipe out your bowl. It will remove the surface stains caused by the beta carotene in carrots.
Yes, all components are dishwasher safe except the power pod and geared lid. All components, including the power pod, are BPA free.
Not microwave safe. Freezer safe.
This happens to the seal when the lid is wet. Also if the seal is out of position, part of it can be forced into the jar resulting in part of it extending out of the jar. To prevent this, make sure the seal is seated properly before and after securing the lid.
- If you find that the dough isn't forming a ball but is well mixed, take the dough out and knead into a ball.
- If you find that the ingredients look dry and are not forming a ball, add 1/2 tablespoon of water at a time, until the dough comes together.
- If the ingredients look wet in the bowl and are not forming a ball, add 1/2 tablespoon of flour at a time until the dough comes together.
- Humidity and freshness of flour and ingredients plays a big role in how wet or dry dough turns out.
You should never use more than 2 cups of flour in the processor bowl. Any more than that and the resulting dough may overfill the bowl; so if you're using your own recipe, scale it down to 2 cups of flour. There is a max volume of flour warning engraved on the bottom of the 40 oz. Bowl.
The 56 oz pitcher is meant for frozen drinks, smoothies, and desserts. It is not optimized for food processing, as the 40 oz. processor bowl is.
- We recommend you blend for 30-45 seconds until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Order of loading the ingredients in the cups is important. When making any of the recipes in your inspiration guide, always follow the order of the ingredients as listed. If using your own recipe or creating or experimenting, we recommend following these guidelines for loading the cup: Always start with ice, followed by frozen fruits and veggies. Then pour in juices and liquids. Add any nuts, seeds, powders, and lastly, fresh fruits and veggies.
Spinning at 18K RPMs, the Nutri Ninja cups can pulverize and extract better than the 40 oz. Bowl where the blades spin at 3,600 RPMs.
Do not grind coffee or nuts in the bowls or cups as this will result in pitting of the plastic. This makes the plastic milky white or cloudy. It's still safe to use them, but they won't be aesthetically pleasing.
We recommend you open the pour spout if you want to drizzle ingredients in while processing.
- A thermal switch kicks in when the motor overheats. To reset, unplug the appliance and let it cool down for approximately 15 minutes before using again.
- Do not operate the motor more than 30 seconds when making dough.
- Wait 1 minute before mixing again to prevent overheating of the appliance.
No, it is not recommended to blend hot ingredients.